Master Plan Overview
This master planning effort is a collaboration between the City of North Little Rock, The Argenta Community Development Corporation, and The Mill, LLC, to strengthen the revitalization of North Little Rock’s core as a civic, commercial, and cultural destination. This unique public-private partnership will lay the foundation for an implementation-focused plan that builds on Argenta’s history while laying a foundation for growth. In doing so, the plan will be a model for how North Little Rock can revitalize other aging districts in a way that is environmentally, socially, and fiscally sustainable, thus benefiting the downtown area, North Little Rock, and the greater region in the process.
Learn more about the master planning process (PDF).
A consultant team led by Tunnell-Spangler-Walsh & Associates (TSW) of Atlanta, Georgia, has been selected to lead the master planning effort. TSW has extensive experience in helping towns and cities envision their future, and providing them with the blueprint for how to get there.
Final Draft Master Plan - June 14, 2010
- Changes Since the May 6 Draft (PDF, 24 K)
- Part 1: Table of Contents and Goals (PDF, 5.93 MB)
- Part 2: Existing Conditions and Visioning (PDF, 7.24 MB)
- Part 3: Recommendations (PDF, 9.95 MB)
- Part 4: Implementation (PDF, 422 K)
- Character Area Plan (PDF, 3.43 MB)
Final Draft Plan Presentation
Presentation made at May 12 Final Draft Plan Presentation
Download (PDF, 5.8 MB)
Master Plan in the News
- THV Little Rock :
- "Master plan includes theatre, plaza, housing, and more parking" (Article, 5/12/10)
- "Argenta District: Master plan" (Video, 5/12/10)
- North Little Rock Times:
- "Crowd hears Argenta Master Plan discussed" (Article, 5/13/10)
Draft Master Plan - May 6, 2010
- Part 1: Table of Contents and Goals (PDF, 4.57 MB)
- Part 2: Existing Conditions and Visioning (PDF, 5.68 MB)
- Part 3: Recommendations (PDF, 6.8 MB)
- Part 4: Implementation (PDF, 315 K)
- Character Area Plan (PDF, 796 K)
Draft Architectural Standards Document
- Architectural Standards (PDF,4.46 MB)
Answers to some questions our team has received.
District Visioning Session Documents
Documents for 9/30 District Visioning Session Posted
Dots Exercise from 8/20 Public Kickoff Meeting
- Notes from Stakeholder Interviews (PDF, 51 K)
Summary of raw comments received during the master plan stakeholder interview process.
Kickoff Meeting Presentation
Download the presentation from the Aug. 20 public kickoff meeting.
Sign up to receive email updates on this project.
Three maps have been posted: study area, aerial photograph, and existing land use.
Previous Planning Efforts Posted
Several Argenta Master Plans have been undertaken over the years with site specific objectives. Two of them area available for review.
- Waterfront Development Strategy & Master Plan (2004)
- The City of North Little Rock Downtown Master Plan (2002